Beaver Water District does not accept unsolicited resumés or applications. If you meet the minimum qualifications for a posted position or internship, please submit your information. (When positions are open, you will see them on this page.) Your resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position or internship. Applicants identified as most qualified will be contacted by the HR Director. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.
Water Plant Operator IApply Now
Are you seeking to gain experience in water treatment plant operations? Beaver Water District, Lowell, Arkansas, has an entry level Water Plant Operator I position available. The Water Plant Operator I will work under close supervision while learning to pump and treat raw water, and distribute drinking water. We are a progressive utility that offers a positive work environment and offer an “excellent” benefit package and competitive salaries. Interested in learning more about Beaver Water District?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily including but not limited to the following:
- Monitors, operates and controls treatment plant equipment and processes used in clarifying, purifying and distributing drinking water.
- Perform routine tasks and duties related to operating water pumping and treatment facilities and equipment.
- Calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry relevant to the operation and maintenance of water treatment, pumping and distribution processes and facilities.
- Obtain the Grade IV Water Treatment license issued by the Arkansas Dept. of Health is required within 12 months of hire date and a Grade IV Water Distribution license as issued by the Arkansas Dept. of Health within 24 months of hire date.
- Must perform manual labor in all weather conditions and make provisions to be at work during inclement weather.
- This position is subject to On-call nights, weekends and holidays.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- General knowledge of water treatment equipment, materials, processes and methods a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree(GED) required and additional post-high school technical training in waterworks operations preferred.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Read and write routine reports, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- A post offer background check, fitness for duty exam and drug test will be conducted.
- This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because it includes as part of the job duties the operating, maintaining, and monitoring of heavy equipment and machinery, and working with and around hazardous materials, at heights, and in confined spaces. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Submit resume by e-mail to: HR@bwdh2o.org or fax to: (479) 717-3821. You may also mail resumes to Beaver Water District, P.O. Box 400, Lowell, AR 72745. Beaver Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website at: www.bwdh2o.org.