Water Education Center
Beaver Water District’s Water Education Center is designed to educate both adults and children about the value of drinking water and stewardship of the watershed as a natural resource. Beaver Water District thanks The Walton Family Foundation for Water Education Center grant funding.
The Center is located at 301 N. Primrose Road in Lowell, Arkansas, at the Administration Center and includes:
- Scale Drinking Water Plant Model
- Interactive Kiosks exploring History of Water, Water Treatment and Watersheds
- Wall Size Watershed Map
- 50 Person Education, Presentation & Meeting Room
The building and grounds also offer many opportunities for education about drinking water treatment and watershed awareness including:
- LID (Low Impact Development) Walking Tour
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Building information
The Water Education Center’s learning opportunities go hand-in-hand with the District’s K-12 programs for the schools.
The Center is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.