Beaver Water District does not accept unsolicited resumés or applications. If you meet the minimum qualifications for a posted position or internship, please submit your information. (When positions are open, you will see them on this web page.) Your resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position or internship. Applicants identified as most qualified will be contacted by the HR Director. Please continue to visit our website, as well as NWA Job Finder for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.
Maintenance Mechanic ISee Details
Beaver Water District has an entry level mechanical position that provides the right person the opportunity to work with a variety of water treatment plan mechanical equipment, facilities and powered equipment. This position will observe and perform beginning level work including inspecting, processing facilities and storage tanks, pipelines and fittings. Assist in examining mechanical installations, instrumentation, valves and fittings for defects; checks pressure regulators, relief valves, flow meters, hydraulic gates, chlorination equipment and water measuring instruments. Provide regular maintenance and repair activities such as lubricating machinery; checking and repairing leaking pumps, fixtures, valves, couplings, gauges and flow meters; replacing worn or damaged bearings, packing and parts.
- Knowledge of elementary hydraulics and electrical theory that will assist in understanding the operations of pumps and motors.
- Basic principal and practices of the mechanical trades
- Must perform manual labor in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid Arkansas Drivers License
- High school diploma or general education degree(GED) required
- Completion of technical training in mechanical trades is highly desirable
- Pre-employment drug screening and fitness for duty exam will be conducted
We offer competitive pay and benefits, and an excellent work environment. Only the most qualified candidates will be selected for an interview.
Submit resume by mail, fax or e-mail ONLY to:
Beaver Water District Human Resources Director
PO Box 400, Lowell, AR 72745
No Phone Calls Please
Equal Opportunity Employer